What is Modalert (Modafinil)?
Modalert is the generic version of Modafinil and works in the same manner as original medication. This Eugeroic oral tablet is prescribed for the treatment of daytime sleepiness. Eugeroic medication or wakefulness promoting drugs are a group of medications used for promoting wakefulness without the harmful side-effects of psychostimulant drugs.
What is Modalert 200?
Modalert comes in two doses-100mg and 200mg. While Modalert 200 contains 200mg of active ingredient Modafinil, Modalert 100 contains 100 mg of the active ingredient. Modalert 200 has a half-life of 9-14 hours. It takes 2-3 hours for Modalert 200 to reach its peak plasma concentration level. After completion of its half-lives, it is metabolized by the liver and excreted through the kidneys in the form of feces and urine.
What are Modalert 200 uses?
Modalert 200 (Modafinil) is used for
– Narcolepsy – excessive sleepiness disorder
– Sleep work shift disorder – noticed mainly in people working graveyard shifts
– As a concomitant medication in the treatment of sleep apnea
What is the mechanism of action of Modalert?
Modalert acts as a selective dopamine reuptake inhibitor to work on the wakefulness stimulation of the body. Dopamine is an antagonistic neuro-receptor of CNS that along with relaying chemical messages plays an important role in mental stimulation. Modalert decreases the reuptake of dopamine back into the system. This leads to an increase in the extracellular levels of Dopamine and subsequent feeling of wakefulness.
What is Modalert dosage?
For Narcolepsy, it is used twice or once daily in accordance with the treatment plan of the surgeon. For shift work sleep disorder, the tablet is taken an hour before their night shift. For cases of sleep apnea, the concomitant dose is decided as per the requirements of the patient and treatment plan of the practitioner.
How to use Modalert for best results?
For best results, it should be taken at the same time without fail every day and used strictly as per the guidelines of the practitioner looking after your case. It can be taken with or without food. But the dose should be constant throughout the time of its use. In case of forgetting a dose, use it at the same time the next day instead of overdosing to make up for the missed dose.
What is generic Modalert?
Generic Modalert gets its name from being the generic version of Modafinil 200mg medication. Generic medications are drugs that contain the same ingredients and share the same properties as the original drug. Because of their generic nature, they do not have to go through as many researches or trials and thus are cost effective. This cheap Modalert is economically more suitable for patients and more available because of its generic nature.
How to buy Modalert 200mg in Australia?
It is a prescription medication and thus not readily available over the counters. You need a prescription to buy Modalert and its subsequent refills from a registered pharmacy. You can also buy Modalert 200 in Australia online. You can get the required dose in a quick, efficient and cost effective manner.
Can I order Modalert online?
Trusted online e-pharmacies are the best place to buy Modafinil in Australia. However, you should keep the following factors in mind:
– Ensure that you make the order from an authentic site. Some online sites enable you to make the purchase without a prescription but do not provide the authentic medication. Make sure that the site you order from is approved for the sale of the medication.
– Verify the exact dose before finalizing the order. Like in pharmacies, for you to buy Modafinil 200 mg online in Australia, will require you to confirm the dose you require before finalizing the order.
– Check the ingredients of the drug before the purchase. It will help you stay away from any allergic reactions. Also confirm that the medication is within its expiry date.
– After your package has been delivered, check the contents for signs of tampering and pilferage, if any. Do not use the medication if you notice any such signs.
What are side effects of Modalert?
Common side effects – Headache, nausea, dizziness, diarrhea, anxiety, dry mouth, insomnia.
Other side effects – High blood pressure, fast heartbeat, chest pain, loss of appetite.
Rare side effects– Hallucinations, depression, mood swings.
Who should not use this smart pill?
-It should not be used by people allergic to the ingredients of the medication or with hypersensitivity reactions. Allergic conditions may start with hives, rashes and lead to serious side-effects like breathing difficulties, swelling of the tongue and face.
– The safety of Modafinil-the active ingredient of Modalert-hasn’t yet been ascertained in pregnant or breastfeeding women as well as in children and thus shouldn’t be used by them.
– People with liver or kidney dysfunctions or diseases should either refrain from using the medication or use it under the supervision of the medical practitioner.
What are drug interactions of Modalert?
When used concomitantly with Axitinib-an anticancerous medication- it may result in decrease in effectiveness of either medication. This will adversely impact the health of the patient dependent on the medication.
Deflazacort is an important medication used in patients with muscular dystrophy. Concomitant use of the two medications can reduce the blood levels of Deflazacort and make it a painful condition for the patient.
With Hydrocodone and Methadone
Used concomitantly with corticosteroids like Hydrocodone or Methadone can result in reduced effectiveness of both the medications. Additionally, it may affect the withdrawal phase and result in watery eyes, excessive sweating, loss of appetite, nausea and other complications at that time.
Concomitant use of Modalert tablet with antiviral medications like Tenofovir can result in reduced effectiveness of the medication. This can cause life threatening effects on the patients.
Alcohol promotes sedation or sleepiness while Modalert promotes wakefulness. Using the two medications at the same time can cancel the effects of this oral tablet and adversely affect the patient.